Thursday, November 23, 2006

THE DAY THAT WAS.

So am not well, fever, a nasty headache that feels like its the grandmother of all headaches and a feverblister. This is the aftermath of two almost nonrecolletable days yani i dont remember much of those two days. So i woke up leo and decided maybe i should enda hosi and see what is wrong with me.
I walk in, and go to the reception desk, a lady nurse asks me some questiosn that i have been trying to rem for the past 3 hours to no avail.

Lady takes my temperature and trys to pata a pulse, ok now how do i say this, my pulse is very quite yani haipendi kelele mob, so it whispers. Now the nurse was looking at me real funny, so i try to smile but i cant
damn i cant smile!!!!!!!!
my mind goes hyper!!!
then,
Darn it i should have kumbukad to paka my teeth vaseline.
The nurse decides my index finger must be dead and tries to look for a pulse elsewhere, she patas my heart whispering as in saying, yeah am here, now what is it that i can do for you?, but i guess it was too quite for her liking.
she walks back to her desk, talks on the phone, and she comes back to get a reading on my temperature, goes back on the phone tena. At this piont am beyond feeling feverish am feeling like am on fire(come to think of it it must have been the thousdands of clothes on me).
So mimi am seated there lost on thoughts of how to discard my clothes without people thinking me nuts when i see 2 other nurses and a doc walk my way and they have a what do you call those vitanda with wheels in hosi?strecher(sp) well any hoo they had one of those and i was asked if i can get on it. Why i wanted to ask, but i asked this....

DonQ: Are you reffering to me(brain to self of couse its you idiot kwani there is any one else seated here.
Doc: Yes Miss D.
DonQ:There is no need i can walk.

We walk and i am taken to a room and i lala or i think that is what i did.
When i wake up coz the phone next to my bed is ringing,
i look at it,
it looks at me
I ignore it.
It rings again
I pick it up and and listen(what can i say i watch too many movies)
And horror of horros its my cousin who listed herself as next of kin in case of any emergency, now this cousin demon in disguise ok i lie sweet angel ok i lie(i hope you read this and forgive me) started of by asking ME who had a really bad headache, lets call her TLC short for that loco cousin
TLC:What is going on!!! i hear ati uko hosi(this came out so loudly i winced)
DonQ:Who said so?(whats with the dumb questins leo?)
TLC: A nurse called me am listed as the emergency contact remember.
DonQ:They are realising me in an hour so everything is ok.
TLC:Is that what they said well anyways rest i will see you soon.

Dont be mislead, the undertone of sarcasm in her voice it was not only heavy, it actualy made my heart talk out loud(this was partly coz i was mad with the nurse who called her and with myself for not telling the nurse not to call anyone).

I try to farmiliarise with my suroundings hhmm bed, me, everything else seems blurry and my hand stings abit, must be coz of a shot. A minute later a nurse walks in says something about my fever being really high and my heart beat faint, i want to tell him that its not faint but that it likes to be quite, but i hardly think he will find that amusing so i kimya. Tests????

"Did you just says test's?" i ask him, and he says yes, how many? i inquire, i get told just some blood work nothing much, piece of cake i think.
And then in walks this stocky short guy and with the most stern face i have ever seen, dude smiles coz he thinks my eyes are wide coz of the neddle he is holding "this will just sting abit".I shrug my shoulders to indicate i dont care besides it not me am worried about but the neddle(the hands holding it, well maybe not holding it but swallowing it look like they will smash it to pieces).
I lenga looking at the neddle and look at the guy, he some how find this disconcerting coz he misses my vein.
Try number 2 miss.
Try number 3 miss.
Try number 4 miss.
My right hand is swollen beyond recognition, but because i want it all to be over i tell him to try my left hand.
First miss.
Second miss.
He suggest's that i stop looking at him.
I stop.
Third miss.
I suggest we try it another nurse(what i really wanted to say was "go get some oranges and practice tafathali").
As he leaves my angel aka TLC walks in, why do i think she is angry? my head hurts too much to think.
But she is in good health good nagging and shouting at me health she did not shout but she may as well have, she choose to hiss, hiss that i dont care about her at all, now where did this come from? hiss that am a pompous ass, what i ask is a pompous ass? hiss that if i ever did what i just did i will live to regret it, what did i just do?.
Saved by stocky aka the nurse who could not find a vein that was staring him in the face, and he has a new neddle.Ok slow poke lets see what happens this time.
Miss one, (i would have frowned if my head did not hurt so much)
Try's to jab me tena and as i try to say no, my cousins throws dagger looks at me, and luckily this time its not a miss.
2 hours later my blood work is back and i have;
Low blood ph.
lympho blah blah, i ask what that meant in english i was told my white blood cells were to many and they are waging war!!!
A viral infection, i ask what is it and here is the shocker ITS TOO EARLY TO TEll!!!!

Tell who i ask me or the virus?

No they just need to do more blood work!! and treat me with some antibiotics, syrup? no TABLETS.

WHAT TABLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that was the straw that broke this camels back, i refuse to meza dawa however small or few tablets they maybe be.
1 minute after i hear that i gather my clothes i vaa them and i tell my cousin twende home. She is still to pissed to talk to me but she had the energy to say that if i was found in a mtaro she will not weep, lol. The hosi called i told them to call back when they KNOW what is wrong with me.

p.s If this user does not blog in the recent coming days please notify next of kin ;).

5 comments:

modoathii said...

you want us to notify THAT next of kin?

bana a guy can't miss your veins like that. ama ni ma-pipe unazo? reminds me of a pal who was going to get his blood checked, they pricked every finger but still couldn't get a single drop...blood thick like uji. they were about to dunga his toes, when a drop squeezed through.

hope you get you ph balance back in order.

Don_quixote said...

LOl @uji, toes!!!! jameni, my veins are green, blue and purple(is there any one else out there with purple veins, am just asking?) and easy to see, wacha poke with a neddle that guy must have been sicker than i was.
Spinach is my best friend for next 2 weeks lets just pray i dont turn green
THAT next of kin is not talking to me, am hoping i can appease her with some ferrero roche chocolates(yuck).

Klara said...

Oh! No! Someone's sick!!Pole sana, U have 2 get well coz I dont have ur next of Kin's NO....LOL!!!

Don_quixote said...

Pen imagine, you liar when you came over you could not just tell me you was a carrier? now sasa look me is sick:(. Eneyewe am sawa now. By the time am done with them spinach popeye will have nothing on me lmao.

Klara, thanks or stopping by, mimi niko sawa sana, the thought of drowing tablets is enough to get rid of any fevers it seems lol.

Anonymous said...

{{{{Don}}}} hope you better now.