Thursday, December 07, 2006

TURN A LEAF.

Once awake, its but a new day, a day like any other so why the stirring deep within? oh yeah i turn a leaf today, i turn 25, should i be celebrating or should i be sad, one thing is for sure am glad this year is over. Lessons learnt points taken, i have always looked forwad to adding a year under my belt, sad thing is i dont look like my 25 years, the petiteness and all, and the fact that my face betrays me every time i tell a person my age and i get "you lie".

I stop to look at the mirror damn no lines on this here face, maybe i shall gain some this year.

Having never waxed poetic i dont know where to being, i am but stuck in a limbo, i wish to say so much yet know not where to begin, my life is but in a hanged state, confusing reigns amok, the deleruim has become my normal state, struggles to break free have resulted in wasted breath, wasted time, wasted energy. Awake ye fool, you wallow in self pity for too long, life has no pity for those who sleep or hide their head under the sand, you have a new year to start but a new.

You have gained such thick skin, you feel no more, they wonder why you are so aloof? didn't they inflict those abraisions that made you so thick?.

My name is phoenix, To burn eternaly, Reborn eternaly.

Reborn anew the spirit is fresh it yearns for much, it's but green with much wisdom and knowledge it knows so much yet knows nothing.

The end is so near,
Yet so far.
Twisting and turning,
the smile on your face never fading.
The flames burn so high,
your spirits soar high.
My name is Phoenix,
From ashes risen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday dude. With age comes wisdom, or so am told, whether that is true is stuff for a full post. Many happy returns of the day!

Nice poem!

The Pen-Lord said...

I went to a zoo, i saw a monkey and i knew it was you, happy birthday to you. Sup dear, i have been so busy i almost went, shhhh, 48 hours before i wished you a happy birthday. Age aint nothing but a number. It becomes more than a number if you don't have a game plan.

Don_quixote said...

@aegues, yeah i hear that too, and the many facts that zoom in my cranuim verufys it, i am not sure if knowing where all the countries are located on the atlas counts.

Thanks me thinks me was a poet in another lifetime ;).

@pen, ohh that be so sweet,i say roses are red, violets are blue and the mongrel next door reminds me of you:).
Dont fret si i jua how maisha can be such a rut and peleka a person too fast. my game plan was to perfom "an italian job"on some swiss bank but my accomplice thinks its dangerous now and chickens out, so am up for pointers on new ones.

Anonymous said...

Hey DQ! I should christen you VS, verbal seductress nice rant!! especially coz am a sucker for words with X's QuiXote,PhoeniX, nix....yeti yeti...
....You may have noticed am travelling back in time...repetition'll be rampant...
Word verification is whooping me senseless...take 4!!!